Festival Survival Guide
Getting to the festival
Fort Canning Park is in a very central location well serviced by public transport. Nearby landmarks include the National Museum of Singapore and Plaza Singapura, among others. The Concert is accessible from Canning Rise Road, where Fort Canning Green Concert Space is situated.
From Dhoby Ghaut station: http://bit.ly/1NalvrG
Direct the driver to Fort Canning Park (via Canning Rise Road), the concert space opposite the National Museum of Singapore. Taxis will be directed to the taxi drop-off zone upon arrival.
In collaboration with GrabTaxi, festival-goers can enjoy the following promotions: $3 off GrabCar rides with the promo code 'NEON CAR' when travelling to Neon Lights. Eligible for all GrabCar types and drop off at Fort Canning Park only. Valid on 28-29 Nov 2015 only. Terms & Conditions apply.
$8 off your first GrabCar ride with the promo code 'NEONLIGHTS'. Eligible for all GrabCar types and new GrabTaxi App users only. Valid from 1 Nov – 1 Dec 2015 only. Terms & Conditions apply.
No parking is permitted on-site. If you are arriving by car, we suggest parking at one of the many URA parking stations in and around Fort Canning Park. Parking is available at Singapore Management University, The Substation, the National Museum of Singapore, Park Mall, and other locations.
Please refer to the following directory for more parking locations by clicking here
Arriving at the festival
Main Entrance and Box Office
The main festival entrance is at Fort Green, which is also where box office is situated for purchase of tickets.
I don’t have a ticket, can I buy one at the festival?
There will be tickets available to purchase at the festival box office. However, adult tickets are cheaper if you purchase in advance of Saturday 28th via 2015.neonlights.sg/tickets
Adult (18+) one-day pass: $175 +booking fees
Adult (18+) two-day weekend pass: $285 +booking fees
Child (2-11yrs) one-day pass: $25 +booking fees
Child (2-11yrs) two-day pass: $40 +booking fees
Youth (12-17 yrs) one-day pass: $90 +booking fees
Under 2s are free
I have my ticket, how do I get into the festival?
Weekend, VIP, Media tickets please head to the Fort Gate Entrance (5 minute walk from box office).
Single day tickets please head to Fort Green Entrance (beside box office).
You will be directed to the correct entry point for your ticket type, where your ticket will be scanned and exchanged for a festival wristband.
Festival wristbands must be worn at all times and are strictly non-transferrable. A weekend wristband must be kept on for the duration of the weekend!
Damaged or broken wristbands will not be replaced even if ticket is shown.
Bag & Valid Photo ID Check
ID Checks will be in operation.
All bags/containers are subject to a full search at entry to ensure the safety of patrons.
Prohibited items that are confiscated will not be returned.
The less you carry, the quicker you clear. No lockers will be provided.
Under 18s must be accompanied by an adult and may not purchase or consume alcohol at any time.
Prohibited items include
- Outside food and drinks
- Ice boxes
- Chairs or any other furniture
- Illicit drugs
- ‘Selfie' sticks
- Professional photography or video recording equipment
- any other potentially hazardous and dangerous items are prohibited items and will not be permitted in to the Venue.
You will need to exit and re-enter the festival in order to go from the Fort Green Area to the Fort Gate Area. You will not be able to bring alcohol whenever exiting the festival boundaries. Your wristband will be checked each time on re-entry.
The event grounds are wheelchair accessible, although there are grassy areas and quite steep slopes. There is also considerable distance between Fort Green and Fort Gate entrances. Wheelchair users who require assistance at any time please do ask our stewards who are there to help.
For International Visitors
Welcome to Singapore!
We are happy to announce that Scoot is the official airline and Roomorama is an accommodation partner for Neon Lights 2015.
Receive an 8% discount on homes and apartments worldwide with the promo code ‘neonlights’. Terms & Conditions apply. Please visit https://www.roomorama.com/ for more information.
Top tips for International Visitors
- Singapore is hot, humid, and occasionally wet.
Given that Neon Lights 2015 is an outdoor event, we strongly recommend comfortable, lightweight clothing and comfortable shoes for the event. You will also need to bring a rain poncho or similar (umbrellas are not permitted), mosquito repellent, sunscreen and smiles.
- Singapore is a gloriously multi-cultural society.
So please be respectful and polite to all people at all times – you may even make a few new friends.
- Singapore has very strict laws on drug use
Drug use will not be tolerated in any way at the festival.
To help yourself prepare, find out more about Singapore by clicking here
Neon Lights 2015 is a family-friendly event, with lots of activities and shows specially designed for kids and their families. We highly recommend that you arrive early to ensure you catch all the fabulous family-focused activity.
For parents with strollers and prams, do take note that there will be a considerable amount of walking needed in between different sections, some of which over grassy areas. If you have a pram or a stroller, you will also have to go a longer way around from Fort Green to Fort Gate if you want to avoid steep steps.
Family focused activity includes:
- NeonKids (workshops) in Cloud Factory (13:30-18:00)
- DIY Papermaking (workshop) beside Cloud Factory (13:00-17:00)
- The Lords of Strut (street performance) in Club Minky (14:00-14:40)
- The League of Sideshow Superstars (circus stunts) in Club Minky (15:10-16:10)
- Breakdancing showcases in Easy Street (various times, pls refer to schedule)
- Uncle Raja’s Flying Carpet Tales (storytelling performance) in Lit Up (Sat, 14:30-15:15)
- Hammockland (chill out area) between Cloud Factory and Lit Up (13:00-19:00)
- Air conditioned spaces: Cloud Factory and Lit Up are both air conditioned.
Please be advised that some performances may be unsuitable for children, in particular the Comedy Masala Take-Over and RIOT! at Club Minky.
Little ears do need protection at big concerts, so we recommend ear protection for the wee ones at the main music stages.
There will be baby changing facilities, kid friendly food and special family stewards to make your family day out as easy cheesy bambeezi as possible.
There are also two air-conditioned venues at the festival – Cloud Factory and Lit Up – where lots of the family activity is.
Food & Beverage Coupons
We are running a coupon system at the festival, which means you buy coupons with either cash or credit card, and then use the coupons to quickly purchase food and drinks.Coupons and all food and drinks are in denominations of $2.50
Minimum purchase is $10 for cash purchases, $20 for credit card purchases
There are no refunds for unused coupons.
Coupons can be purchased at a dedicated Coupon Sales booth at the Fort Green entrance beside the merchandise tent, and at all the bars.
Merchandise & Signings
There will be a range of exclusive Neon Lights merchandise on sale during the event, and also merchandise from some of your favourite bands playing at the event.
You can purchase merchandise with cash or credit card (not coupons).
Some of the artists have agreed to sign merchandise purchased at the event after they perform! Look out for announcements on the Neon Lights stage screen and via www.facebook.com/NeonLightsSingapore
We are a paperless festival on site. This means there will be no printed programmes, no flyers and no goodie bags given out on site.
Schedule and map will be available online and will be displayed prominently around the festival the festival. We recommend you take a picture on your phone to refer to it throughout the day.
Most of our vendors are using recyclable containers. Please use the recycling bins provided.
We ask that you treat this beautiful park the same way you would your granny's living room. Do not litter, use the recycling bins, don't throw cigarette butts on the ground. Be mindful and keep Singapore beautiful.
Take care and have fun
Here are some festival tips to make your Neon Lights experience amazing:
1. Don’t leave home without your printed ticket and valid photo ID.
2. Arrive early! We kick off at 1pm and it is non-stop throughout the day with amazing music and lots of other activities.
3. We are a paperless festival, so bring your phone so you can easily access schedule and map. We will have large printed schedules and maps onsite that you can take a picture of with your phone and refer to all day.
4. Make sure and bring some money! There is lots of great food and drink at the festival (not to mention merchandise) and we are running a coupon system with minimum purchase of $10 (cash) or $20 (credit card).
5. We are a rain or shine outdoor event, so do bring along sunscreen, sunglasses, hats, ponchos and mosquito repellant. You may also want to bring along tissue paper and hand sanitizer. Dress comfortably too!
6. Plan your schedule wisely so that you do not miss your favourite acts! There will be different venues at the festival, showcasing different artists at different timings. Make sure to consider the time needed to travel from one stage to another. Schedule is subject to change if necessary.
7. Pace your drinking. Enjoy yourselves, but know your limits as well.
8. Do eat and hydrate, especially if you are coming for both days from morning till night!
9. There will be food stalls (delicious, and with halal options too) and bars (also delicious) at the festival to make sure you stay hydrated and pumped with energy for the weekend. #neonlights all weekend! Keep your eye on our social for special announcements throughout the festival.
10. Take care of yourselves, take care of each other. Have a great time with old friends, and make some new ones too.